Chest: Measure the chest at the fullest part, placing the tape close up under the arms.
Collar: Measure around the base of the neck where the collar sits.
Waist: Measure around the natural waistline.
Inside Leg: Measure from the crotch to approximately 5cms above the ground with shoes on!!
Skirt Length: Measure from the natural waistline to the length required.
- Measure your child beforehand, using the measuring guidelines above.
- Remember to have a list of all the school’s requirements.
- Allow for growth – when you’re buying shirts, make sure you can fit two fingers inside the fastened collar.
- Buy 2 or more blouses or shirts, depending on how often you do the washing during the week.
- Don’t leave things till the last minute, particularly if you think you may need clothes altered or made to order.
- Good quality school clothes will give you years of wear and can often be handed on to a younger brother or sister, so don’t economise on quality.
- Ask for advice. Our expert staff will be happy to talk to you about a child’s individual needs.